Sunday, October 28, 2012

St. Lucy's Takes Third in the Redondo Classic

REDONDO BEACH-  I know.  I have been woefully negligent in updating my blog.  In my defense, I'm sooooo tired.  Go ahead and dock my pay.  Wait, I don't get paid.  Hmmmmm.  How about a summary, without the details.  It's the best I can muster.

The Regents battled hard at the Redondo Varsity Classic this weekend and ended up tied for third after dropping their last match to the eventual winner and host, Redondo Union.  St. Lucy's defeated Buena in two sets, 25-13, 25- 15 and Oaks Christian in three sets, 25-21, 13-25, 15-12, before falling to Redondo in two, 21-25 and 15-25.   The Regents played hard and tough all weekend and showed some grit, buckling down when necessary and finishing games under adversity.  The Regent calm and cool served them well.

Congratulations to Arden Davis and Vanessa Caustrita for being named to the the All-Tournament Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment